Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This weeks word is Haptodysphoria
I first came across this word in The Unsinkable Bathroom Reader (which is an amazing series of books for a fan of random facts)

Definition: Haptodysphoria is a sensation that you get when you feel fuzzy objects, for example, peaches.

Sentence: "I am haptodysphoric." Which means, I get a strange feeling when I touch certain objects

Another more common definition is the fear of kiwis and peaches
Sentence: "I have Haptodysphoria."
Haptodysphoria usually develops when a person has an allergy to the object of a phobia of them the reactions are usually goosebumps or the person's teeth to start hurting. This condition is very common especially in people who have many allergies reactions so some think that it may just be a minor allergic reaction but this is not anything to worry about.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to use this word on casual conversation. I think I might buy some kiwis so that I can set up a situation to use it. I'll bet people in the staffroom would be impressed. Thank you!

    ~Ms. Gillis

    ReplyDelete